Are you looking for a high performance enterprise-level controller to connect to externally attached drives? The HPE Smart Array P408e-p SR Gen10 Controller, supporting 12 Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0, provides enterprise-class storage performance, reliability, security and efficiency needed to address your evolving data storage needs. This controller has eight external SAS lanes, allowing connection to SAS or SATA drives in an external disk enclosure, supports Mixed Mode operations of RAID and HBA simultaneously, and offers encryption for data-at-rest on any drive. The Smart Array P408e-p SR Gen10 Controller is ideal for maximizing performance while supporting advanced RAID levels with 4 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC). This controller occupies a PCIe expansion slot. The Gen10 controllers are supported by the HPE Smart Storage Battery. The HPE Smart Storage Battery supports multiple devices and is sold separately.
Increased Performance for Faster Data Insights
- The HPE Smart Array P408e-p SR Gen10 Controller is an enterprise-class RAID controller that increases performance in messaging, database, or general server applications and delivers 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers when connected to 12 Gb/s external storage devices.
- Increases performance with 4 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC) and reduces latency in write-intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
- Enhances performance in storage environments where data is read repeatedly from a large number of SSDs by using HPE SSD Smart Path to create a faster I/O path between the controller and SSD.
- Accelerate access to data in HDD environments by caching hot data onto SSDs with HPE Smart Array SR SmartCache (optional license).
Built-in Reliability and Security
- The HPE Smart Array P408e-p SR Gen10 Controller protects data-at-rest on any drive attached to the controller with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license).
- Comply with regulations for sensitive data, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption—FIPS 140-2 Implementation Under Test with expected FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validation complete in 2018.
- Preserve data integrity with HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge, which alerts you to potential drive issues before a drive fails.
- Long-term data retention with 4 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC) for improved data reliability.
Improved Efficiency and Storage Management
- The HPE Smart Array P408e-p SR Gen10 Controller has increased flexibility with Mixed Mode which operates in RAID and HBA simultaneously and eliminates the expense of having to purchase another controller.
- Rapidly configure simple RAID volumes on servers with the UEFI storage configuration tool, which also facilitates scripting support to configure an array via iLO through RESTful interface.
- Quickly set up, configure, and manage drives attached to the controller with HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA), an intuitive interface used to create RAID volumes, manage advanced controller features, and deploy Smart Array solutions.