Exhaustively tested, HPE LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. Covering eight generations of capacity – LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB), LTO-7 (15 TB) and LTO-8 (30 TB) – and with transfer speeds of up to 2.7 TB/hr for LTO-8, there is a platform for every need and budget. From LTO-3 onwards, LTO Ultrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanent and tamper-proof archives. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access. From LTO-5 onwards, HPE LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and shareable media, such as a USB drive.
- Massive increase in capacity: 700% improvement versus LTO-5 and 380% capacity versus LTO-6 (assume native data capacity)
- Significant increase in performance – possible to store 2.7 TB/hr using LTO-8.
- Built-in AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1) (LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, LTO-7, LTO-8) – granted FIPS140-2 Level 1 certification.
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- HPE LTO-8 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 2.7 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 30 TB on a single cartridge, making it ideal for large-scale, 24 x 7, mission-critical IT environments (assumes 2.5:1 compression).
- An 85% increase in the number of tracks and a 8% increase in bit density has permitted an increase in capacity from 15 TB for LTO-7 to 30 TB to LTO-8: from 3,584 tracks for LTO-6 to 6,656 tracks for 8th generation HPE LTO-8 Ultrium 30 TB cartridges (assuming 2.5:1 compression).
- HPE LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.