- The HPE Smart Array E208i-p SR Gen10 Controller, supporting 12Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0, is an ideal cost-effective solution for RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 and Software Defined Storage solutions. This controller operates in Mixed Mode which combines RAID and HBA operations simultaneously. It has eight internal SAS lanes, allowing connection to SAS or SATA drives, and provides enterprise-class reliability, security and efficiency needed to address your evolving data storage needs. This controller offers enhanced security by encrypting data-at-rest on any drive with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption.Cost-Effective SAS Storage Connectivity
- The HPE Smart Array E208i-p SR Gen10 Controller is a cost effective enterprise-class controller that provides the basic building blocks for simple RAID storage solutions while delivering 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers when connected to 12 Gb/s internal storage devices.
- Offers a low-cost solution to enable software-defined storage.
Built-in Reliability and Security
- The HPE Smart Array E208i-p SR Gen10 Controller protects data-at-rest on any drive attached to the controller with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license).
- Comply with regulations for sensitive data, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption.
- Preserve data integrity with HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge, which alerts you to potential drive issues before a drive fails
Improved Efficiency and Storage Management
- The HPE Smart Array E208i-p SR Gen10 Controllerhas increased flexibility with Mixed Mode which operates in RAID and HBA simultaneously and eliminates the expense of having to purchase another controller.
- Rapidly configure simple RAID volumes on servers with the UEFI storage configuration tool, which also facilitates scripting support to configure an array via iLO through RESTful interface.
- Quickly set up, configure, and manage drives attached to the controller with HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA), an intuitive interface used to create RAID volumes, manage advanced controller features, and deploy Smart Array solutions.